Friday, November 16, 2007

By Elizabeth Sung, Consultant for CCF-Chad

N'djamena, Chad is where my adventure began and now where it ends. After spending twelve weeks in Chad, meeting wonderful people, discovering different lifestyles, adapting to a culture and carrying out a study that I would never have dreamed of. Twelve weeks can seem like a lifetime at one moment, and next, I wonder where all the time has gone.

I spent my short time in N'djamena catching up with my CCF colleagues at the office and learning more about the progress of the Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration program that reintegrates former soldiers back into communities, this is an amazing program, rapidly gaining momentum, and expanding to help others.

My dear readers, it has been an absolute pleasure sharing my experience with you. I hope that you were able to learn more about life in Eastern Chad, CCF's work with Chad, and the populations CCF impacts.

No comments: